|1996 Hungarian Grand Prix|
Race 12 of 16 in the 1996 Formula One World Championship|
|Date||11 August 1996|
|Official name||XII Marlboro Magyar Nagydíj|
Mogyoród, Pest, Hungary
|Course||Permanent racing facility|
|Course length||3.968 km (2.466 miles)|
|Distance||77 laps, 305.536 km (189.851 miles)|
|Weather||Sunny with temperatures reaching up to 27 °C (81 °F)|
|Time||1:20.093 on lap 67|
The 1996 Hungarian Grand Prix (formally the XII Marlboro Magyar Nagydíj) was a Formula One motor race held at the Hungaroring, Mogyoród, Pest, Hungary on 11 August 1996. It was the twelfth race of the 1996 Formula One World Championship and the eleventh Hungarian Grand Prix.
The 77-lap race was won by Canadian driver Jacques Villeneuve, driving a Williams-Renault, after starting from third position. Villeneuve's teammate and Drivers' Championship leader, Briton Damon Hill, finished second, with Frenchman Jean Alesi third in a Benetton-Renault. This was Williams' fifth 1–2 finish of the season, and it secured their fourth Constructors' Championship in five years.
Championship standings after the race
- Bold text indicates the World Champions.
- Note: Only the top five positions are included for both sets of standings.
- "1996 Hungarian Grand Prix". Motor Sport. Retrieved 8 June 2022.
- Weather info for the 1996 Hungarian Grand Prix at Weather Underground
- "1996 Hungarian Grand Prix". formula1.com. Archived from the original on 1 November 2014. Retrieved 24 December 2015.
- "Hungary 1996 - Championship • STATS F1". www.statsf1.com. Retrieved 18 March 2019.